Like I have stated earlier on in my two posts on upgrading the Galaxy Tab P6200 to Ice Cream Sandwich, here is another way of getting the firmware faster. The update found on samfirmware.com is available for download as a hotfile.
I have however managed to split the huge update file (It is a whopping 545 MB) and uploaded it to Mediafire for my readers to be able to access it quickly and without much trouble. I had a nasty experience getting the file myself since Hotfile downloads are not resumable (unless you are a premium user, which I am sure majority aren’t) and the nature of frequent power outages meant that the access terminal of the wireless internet I use would restart every time thus interrupting my downloads and meaning that I started the download over again. Sucks, right?
Remember, this is the Open Austria firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 3G/WiFi version.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Download the following firmware files:
- emmanuelchenze.com_GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1.zip.001 [LINK 1]
- emmanuelchenze.com_GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1.zip.002 [LINK 2]
- emmanuelchenze.com_GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1.zip.003 [LINK 3]
- emmanuelchenze.com_GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1.zip.004 [LINK 4]
5. On the Input File field, browse to the location where you have extracted all the firmware update files and select the one ending in .zip.001 (in this case this file would be: emmanuelchenze.com_GT-P6200_ATO_P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1.zip.001)
Don’t select any other file. Just selecting the first file is enough as HJ Split will find the rest of the files. Just make sure you put all the files in the same directory. I recommend putting all the firmware update files .zip.001, .zip.002, .zip.003 and .zip.004 in the same folder on your computer’s desktop so as to avoid any mix up and further confusion.
6. Wait for the joining process to complete.
7. Click close.
You have your complete firmware update file with you now. Proceed with the reminder of the steps as outlined here.
**UPDATE** 9th January 2012
The Links that were not working i.e Link 1-Link 4 have now been fixed. Enjoy.