Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response I got concerning rooting and installation of custom ROMs. This post is courtesy of your demand for a step by step guide on the procedures for installing custom ROMs on the HUawei U8150 IDEOS.
I’ve tried as much as possible to simplify the whole procedure of installing custom ROMs on the U8150 IDEOS.
1. Root your phone (As I outlined in my previous posts)
2. Go to the Android Market
3. Download & install “ROM Manager” application
4. Open the installed ROM Manager app
5. Flash your existing ROM using ClockworkMod
6. Refer to my previous posts on where to download custom ROMs. Download a ROM of your choice. (Preferably use a PC to do this).
7. Transfer the downloaded ROM to your IDEOS. Note carefully in which folder in your phone you keep it.
8. Put your phone into recovery mode. You can use the manual way of doing this or do it directly from the ROM Manager app. I recommend the manual process though. (Manual process: press the power button, the upper(+) volume button, and the call(green) button simultaneously).
9. On the recovery menu that appears, select ‘Backup & Restore’ and backup your existing ROM.
10. Clear all the cache (follow the options on the recovery menu)
11. Clear the Dalvik cache
12. Choose option ‘Install zip from sdcard’
13. Navigate to where you saved the custom ROM you downloaded and select it.
14. Upon selection, it should self extract and be done in under a minute.
15. From the recovery menu options, select ‘Restart Phone’
16. Give the phone to boot with the newly installed ROM for the first time. Give it 7-10 minutes.
Woohoo you’ve done it.
Read a detailed procedure and download the right custom ROMs here